The Incubation Process is a Path to Success
We guide innovators through the critical steps of development and help turn a vision or idea into a tangible enterprise.
- Market research – Analyze competition, estimate market potential, evaluate barriers to entry and regulatory and legal hurdles.
- Business modeling – Develop the basic framework, including potential sales and distribution channels, partners, alliances and resource requirements.
- Assessing talent – Assess the experience of team members, identify gaps in skills of team members, and identify strategies for filling those gaps.
- Business planning – Provide personal coaching with financial expertise and writing support to help develop a plan to attract potential investors.
- Company formation – Provide guidance towards choosing the appropriate form of corporate entity, and also establish its legal entity.
- Financing – Explore possible financing options through local investment networks and develop skills to secure initial funding.
- Launching - Assist you in bringing your business to market.
The GIC Incubation Program begins with its mentors identifying expertise and resources that will benefit your company most. Regular education and networking programs also address the shared needs identified among other clients. Through strategic sessions and various informal sessions, GIC works to develop and enhance the skills needed to successfully launch a business.
The program provides a built-in network of support among like-minded peers. These sessions are designed to help define a company’s primary business. Using the definition of the clients primary business, we develop market and finance strategies to establish the foundation that emerging enterprises needs to grow and prosper.
The Georgetown Innovation Center partners with Community Works. Through Community Works, both Georgetown Innovation Center and Conway Innovation Center can now help SC business owners apply for a microloan. These loans can be used for equipment, machinery, inventory, lease improvement, and working capital. For more information visit our Contact page.