GIC provides the support necessary to successfully incubate new ideas and businesses
THROUGH OUR NETWORK, WE HELP INNOVATE BY:
- Developing the culture and processes for technology entrepreneurship. GIC works with Coastal Carolina University, a local university that aims to advance innovation and entrepreneurship in South Carolina.
- Building business competency. Coastal Carolina University offers professional and graduate-level assistance in market research, business planning, funding strategies and launching technology-based startup ventures.
- Providing professional research and development assistance. GIC has access to a wide range of academic databases to assist and promote new product development within our clients' startups.
- Providing Intellectual Property and Patent Research assistance. In conjunction with local legal support, GIC can assist in gathering research pertaining to existing patents and intellectual property.
- Supplementing the human resources needs of startups. In the form of project staffing, the commercial potential of concepts or ideas can be assessed and advanced. We also assist in accessing local, legal, accounting and professional support.
- Delivering technology commercialization services. GIC has access to a wide range of business formation services such as basic assistance, alliance formation, and technology licensing research.
The GIC partners with Coastal Carolina University, located in Conway, South Carolina, as well as public and private sector partners at the local and state level.
- Operating a community business incubator with the City of Georgetown. GIC provides a meeting space and services for startups, expanding companies, and community organizations. GIC counselors reside at the incubator and offer ongoing mentoring services and commercialization assistance to clients of our incubation program.